Friday, February 19, 2010

"The weight of our weakness, is dragging us down..."

As I write this, I'm currently listening to the mixed 10" for DEADHEAD. This record is sinister, and is heavier than I could have imagined. It's been fun working with all of those dudes and Alex at Earth Capital. I can't wait to get this released and out into your hands. It's too good NOT to have. I am just so damn stoked!

Also, CALCULATOR test-presses shipped today. Thank you for your patience in this. It's been a slow-as-molasses process, but it'll definitely be worth it. 250 black swirl (pre order and tour) and 250 black, poster, lyric booklet, and Ramez, Calc's guitarist, is slangin' CDs of the record. You can find the download for the 12" on their myspace, but if you like it, please buy it so I can continue to do my thing here.

And BENOIT has finished recording everything for their 7". No particular release date on that, but that too sounds brutal and unforgiving. I'll post updates as I get them. This is another record I'm itching to release.

And if you are considering anything recording, mixing, or mastering related, go through Alex Estrada of Earth Capital Studios. He works quickly, with unbeatable pricing, and is one cool vegan dude.

And in the mean time, don't miss this:
SATURDAY FEB. 27TH BENOIT w/ Graf Orlock.



I'll throw some new DH traxxx up on the Melotov Myspace within in the next few days, so keep checking that.

-Mel

1 comment: